The Magic City

The Magic City

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Great Time at the Alabama Book Festival

Lexi George's First Signing
A great time was had by all at the Alabama Book Festival on April 16 in Old Alabama Town in Montgomery.  I was able to spend the day with authors Lexi George, Laura Hayden, and Louisa Cornell.  Being the only person at our table without a name starting with an L, I felt a little left out.  However, the exceptional company helped me rebound quickly.

The quality of authors at the festival was fantastic, and the weather couldn't have been better.  If anyone is looking for a fun, free event, the Alabama Book Festival promises a great time.  

An added bonus was I was present for Lexi George's first book signing.  Her eager fan grinned from ear to ear in anticipation of reading Demon Hunting in Dixie.  Check back on April 19 to find out why!

An eager reader about to devour Demon Hunting in Dixie.

2 comments:

  1. Heather, thanks for making my first every 'signing' such a special thing. I wasn't expecting this and was shaking like a leaf, Luckily, I remembered how to spell my name!

    Thanks for the pictures. Unprepared me didn't even bring a camera, And thanks for the shout out. You are the best!

    BTW, all you authors out there, Heather has some amazing and clever ideas about marketing yourself. I picked her brain plenty yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! Hope that you got a lot of emails/names for the luncheon :O)

    ReplyDelete