The Magic City

The Magic City

Sunday, July 24, 2011

What Are You Reading?

 I had to box up my books to prepare our house for "The Re-Do" (or as my husband calls it, Homageddon) . Every time I taped up one of the many boxes, regret over the books I hadn't read (yet) added a weight to muscles already tight with worry that I would never find the time to enjoy the untouched tomes.

Do not fear. I'm not going to do something as silly as swearing off buying any more books until I've finished the ones I have. That's crazy talk. (I'm pretty sure Amazon or Barnes and Noble would send out search parties for me if I didn't place an order at least once a week).

Instead, I'm making a commitment to find time to read each day, just like bathing, exercising (I hear you snickering, and I am not amused), writing, working and sleeping.  To make myself feel more productive, I plan on referring to my reading time as "market research."

During my last research session, I devoured 
Love Story by Jennifer Echols (a book more awesome than cookies). Next, I plan on tacklingThe Ghosts of Belfast by  Stuart Neville.  What can I say?  I like to mix it up (my husband jokes I'll read anything but a cookbook - let's not tell him he's right).

How about you? Do you make time to read? What book are you dying to lose yourself in? I may need a few suggestions to add to my

1 comment:

  1. I have read several good books lately if you like cultural novels. I am currently reading Daughters of the River Huong by Uyen Nicole Duong. Both Shanghai Girls and On Gold Mountain by Lisa See were amazing. But two of my favorite books of all time are Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden and Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See. If you decide to read these they will not disappoint!

    ReplyDelete