For this reason, I have vowed that any lists from this point will consist of short term, attainable goals. The biggies won't make it into writing, at least not yet. I need the rush that comes with marking things off the list. Am I settling for mediocrity to have the highest goals on my list be "write 100 words each day" and "do two loads of laundry a week?" If so, at least the list won't wind up in a crumpled ball sometime around March.
So, in the spirit of setting attainable goals, this is my "to do" list for 2010:
1. Write 100 words a day for 100 days
2. Do 2 loads of laundry a week
3. Keep a list of everything I eat
4. Read at least one book a month
5. Post on this blog at least once a month.
It is now written. Will it be done?