The Magic City

The Magic City

Sunday, January 3, 2010

So It Shall Be Written, So It Shall Be Done

I love making lists. When I sit down, pen in hand (because a list can only be properly made with a pen in one hand and notepad in the other), the rush and excitement of the list take me away. Actually following the lists is a horse of a different color. Once the list is made, it loses its luster. Rather than being the certification of my ambition and responsibility, it taunts me and acts as an albatross hanging on my refrigerator.

For this reason, I have vowed that any lists from this point will consist of short term, attainable goals. The biggies won't make it into writing, at least not yet. I need the rush that comes with marking things off the list. Am I settling for mediocrity to have the highest goals on my list be "write 100 words each day" and "do two loads of laundry a week?" If so, at least the list won't wind up in a crumpled ball sometime around March.

So, in the spirit of setting attainable goals, this is my "to do" list for 2010:

1. Write 100 words a day for 100 days
2. Do 2 loads of laundry a week
3. Keep a list of everything I eat
4. Read at least one book a month
5. Post on this blog at least once a month.

It is now written. Will it be done?

No comments:

Post a Comment