The Magic City

The Magic City

Friday, January 29, 2010

Weekend or Weak-end?

Hello Friday, my good friend.  You have come to test me once again. 

You offer me the promise of two days where I can write.  I know that I should begin tonight.

However, chores and off-put work also need to be done.  And, I can easily be distracted with the promise of a little fun.

Will I find the work ethic to keep my end in a chair? Or for another weekend, will my word count be bare?

(I apologize to all of the poets in the world for this entry). 

2 comments:

  1. I understand this feeling. You captured my sentiment completely. Thanks for a good post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. This last weekend saw a big fat doughnut hole as far as my word count. I am optimistic for this weekend - no sporting events or conferences to distract me. I think I may hide the remote controls (and gasp - do I dare) disconnect my cable modem for the weekend to minimize distractions. Here's hoping!

    ReplyDelete