The Magic City

The Magic City

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Wine Down Wednesday - 2010 Smoking Loon Syrah

In honor of Valentine's Day (which my husband SWEARS is February 15 - all I am saying is he better shower me in the best 75% off candy in the land), I wanted to talk about one of my favorite reds.

There is one simple reason I could never be a vegetarian. Steak.  And why do I love steak (other than it is delicious)?  Because it gives me a great excuse to drink red wine.

One of my favorite reds to have with red meat is the 2010 Smoking Loon Syrah.  This versatile California red has a chocolaty and fruity start (hints of cherry and cranberry), but a peppery finish. It goes well with steak (beef and tuna steak) AND burgers.  It is also nice to pair with your favorite chocolates when you have to write that scene (you know the one I'm talking about).  The price point makes it a steal - it is $9.99 at all my local grocery stores.

What is your best "deal" wine that you like to pair with red meat? 

No comments:

Post a Comment